Dive into a tasty brekkie that will set you up for the busy day to come. It’s ready in just 10 minutes – much quicker than going to a cafe!
Mushroom and parmesan omeletteCourse: All Recipes, Breakfast/Brunch, Light Meals, VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
Ingredient options, Vegetarian
1 tbs olive oil
1 1/2 tbs diced red onion
10 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme leaves
1 tbs grated parmesan
Rye or turkish bread, toasted and buttered, to serve
- Preheat the oil in a nonstick, ovenproof frying pan on medium. Crack the eggs into a jug and whisk to combine. Add the onion, mushrooms and thyme. Stir to combine. Season.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and evenly spread the mushrooms and onion. Cook for 4-5 mins or until egg has mostly cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat an oven grill on high. Scatter the parmesan over the omelette and season with freshly cracked black pepper. Remove pan from heat and place under the grill. Grill for 1-2 mins or until cooked through and golden on top.
- Halve the omelette and transfer to serving plates. Serve with the toast.
Tips and notes
- Add chopped bacon to the egg mixture before cooking.