Last updated 23/03/2020
Welcome to biteboard.com.au (Site). These are our terms for use of the Site which may be accessed in ways, including but not limited to the web, PDAs, mobile phones and RSS feeds. These Terms and Conditions (terms) apply whenever you access the Site, regardless of how you access the Site.
Use of this Site
- The Publisher, Shaw Content House (SCH), is the owner and operator of this Site.
- Each user of this Site (User or you) agrees to be bound by these terms. Your use of and access to this Site indicates your acceptance of and agreement with these terms, as they exist at the time of use.
- SCH may amend these terms at any time by posting changes on the Site. If you use the Site (other than to review the amended terms) after a notice of change has been provided, you will be deemed to have accepted the new terms. SCH will include on the Site the date on which it last made amendments to these terms.
Content and functionality of the Site
- SCH may alter, suspend or discontinue the Site and/or its functionality and/or the content made available through the Site at any time, with or without notice to Users and, to the full extent permitted by law and subject to the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, SCH will not be liable to any User or to any third party should it exercise such rights.
- In some circumstances the Site will allow Users to access and download certain content onto your device(s). Some such content may not be available at all times in the future for subsequent download and SCH will have no liability to you in such circumstances subject to the remainder of these terms.
- All intellectual property in relation to content on this Site belongs to SCH or its licensors, advertisers or affiliates. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All content on this Site is protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
- The logos on the Site are the property of SCH or its related corporates. Other logos may be displayed on the Site from time to time. These may belong to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Site should be construed as granting any licence or right of use of any logo, trademark or masthead displayed on the Site, without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Liability and Indemnity
- SCH does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (ACL) or equivalent State or Territory legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. SCH otherwise excludes all rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of the Site whether based in statute, common law or otherwise to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent permitted by law, including the ACL, the following provisions apply.
a) SCH does not warrant the accuracy of the content which you access through this Site. The content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you undertake all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content which you access through this Site may be changed at SCH’s sole discretion and without notice.
b) SCH will have no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site.
c) SCH does not warrant that functions of this Site or which you access through this Site, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, that there will be no technical problems which prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of the Site or any content which ought to be accessible through the Site, or that SCH or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or bugs.
- SCH does not accept any liability for loss or damages (including for any indirect, special, economic or consequential loss or damage) incurred by any person as a result of reliance on the Content or any other information incorporated into the Site by reference. This limitation of liability applies regardless of whether the loss or damage was caused by negligence or otherwise and whether or not SCH was aware or should have been aware of the possibility of such damage.
The Content is provided on the basis that all persons accessing the Website undertake the responsibility for assessing the accuracy of its Content and that they rely on it entirely at their own risk.
To the extent permitted by law, all other representations, conditions or warranties, whether based in statute, common law or otherwise, are excluded. Liability of for any breach of a SCH term or condition implied by law is limited, at SCH and its affiliates option, to the supply of any service again or the payment for the cost of having any service supplied again.
Third Party Content and Links
- This Site may include third party content which is subject to that third party’s terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content.
- This Site may include links to third party sites which are not related to SCH and in relation to which SCH has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this Site does not indicate any relationship between SCH and that third party or any endorsement by SCH of that third party, its site or the products or services which it is advertising.
- When you submit content to SCH in any format, including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio, you grant SCH a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual licence to publish, transmit or otherwise use that content in our published materials, now and in the future, and to attribute you, using the details you have provided to us, as the author/provider of that content.
- SCH reserves the right not to use the content you submit.
- You warrant that you have all of the necessary rights, including copyright, in the content you contribute, that your content is not defamatory and that it does not infringe any law.
- You indemnify SCH against any and all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by SCH as a result of a breach of the above warranty.
- You waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and use by SCH in accordance with these terms.
- Users must not use this site for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state or territory set out below.
Member names and user information
bite board encourages the use of usernames (e.g. SuperChef) rather than your actual name, to protect your privacy. We require members and users to include the following bite board registration information.
- First name
- Family name
- Email address
Failure to include correct information outlined above will be seen as a breach of the user agreement.
Please refrain from choosing offensive usernames and never post a message under another person’s name or pretend to be another person. When commenting on biteboard.com.au, your username is the only personal information that is displayed. Your real names and email address will never be displayed publicly unless otherwise specified by you.
The username field is compulsory and must be unique. If the name you select is already in use, you will be prompted to choose a different one. You should be aware that your username will be published anywhere you make a contribution to the site.
Important: Please use careful consideration when choosing your biteboard.com.au username, as it will be published on the bite board website and may be published in any extensions of the bite board brand or SCH properties.
User ratings, reviews and comments
At the discretion of the bite board Administrator or Editor, user ratings, reviews and comments may be edited or removed due to foul language, spam posting, inappropriateness, etc. Breeches of this user agreement may result in website users having their membership restricted or deleted without warning.
bite board may at any time republish user ratings, reviews and comments elsewhere on the Site or in any extensions of the bite board brand or SCH properties.
Access from outside of Australia and other access issues
You acknowledge and agree that some of our content may not be viewable or accessible from outside of Australia and that there may be other technology or infrastructure related reasons that limit your ability to access our content at any time.
You are responsible for downloads and any costs associated with downloading, including unauthorised access to your account and associated downloads. You acknowledge that anyone that knows your username and password will be able to download and any associated costs or liability are your responsibility.
SCH strives to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personally identifiable information of our customers. We use a variety of electronic security measures to keep personal information secure from misuse, loss or unauthorised use or disclosure. No data transmission over the Internet or storage can be guaranteed to be totally secure.