Made with real chocolate and loaded with marshmallows and chocolate sauce, this hot chocolate is one awesome treat for one, or make enough for the whole fam.
We’ve toasted the marshmallows using a kitchen blow torch. We think it makes this drink extra yummy, but of course you leave them untoasted, if you like.
Hot chocolate with marshmallowsCourse: All Recipes, Drinks, TreatsDifficulty: Easy
Made with real chocolate and loaded with marshmallows and chocolate sauce, this hot chocolate is one awesome treat for one, or you can make enough for the whole fam.
1 cup milk
120g chopped chocolate (see note)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mini marshmallows, to decorate
Chocolate topping/syrup, to decorate
- Place the milk in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to scalding point (when milk steams and small bubbles appear around the edge of the pan, do not let boil).
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook on High in 20-second bursts, stirring well between bursts, until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Whisk melted chocolate into the milk until well combined. Stir in vanilla. Top with marshmallows.
- Use a kitchen blow torch to toast the marshmallows, if desired. Drizzle over some chocolate sauce. Serve immediately.
Tips and notes
- Any quality milk or dark chocolate will do for this drink, including leftover Easter eggs (if any!). To chop the chocolate, use a sharp knife. If using Easter eggs, simply break them up.
- Swap the chocolate sauce for caramel sauce.
- Swap the marshmallows for whipped cream.