If you’re working from home or need a fulfilling light lunch or healthy snack for the kids, this platter is easy to set up and fun to share.
Mediterranean hummus platterCourse: All Recipes, Healthy Snacks, Light Meals, Sandwiches, rolls etc, VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
Ingredient options, Vegetarian
If you’re working from home or need a fulfilling lunch or healthy snack for the kids, this platter is easy to set up and fun to share.
1 cup bought or homemade hummus (see recipe link below)
4 kalamata olives, or olives of your choice
3 thick slices peeled cucumber, halved
1 thick slice tomato, halved
8 triangles of flatbread (use 1 large flatbread or 2 small)
1 tsp dukkah of your choice (optional)
- Make a mound with the hummus in the centre of a serving plate. Top with the olives.
- Arrange the cucumber, tomato and flatbread around the hummus. Sprinkle over the dukkah, if using. Serve.
Tips and notes
- For a deliciously easy hummus, go to Hummus to hum about. Just make the basic hummus – you don’t need to worry about all the garnishes.
- Change the kalamata olives to Sicilian green olives, if you like. Green olives aren’t quite as strong as kalamatas and may appeal to more children.
- Replace the tomato and cucumber with tabouli to pile on top of the flatbread with the hummus.