Whenever I take this dip to a barbecue or serve it up at a party, it doesn’t last long at all! It’s just so more-ish that all ages can’t help dipping over and over. It has just enough spice to add flavour, and the beans and avocado make it a healthier dip than a lot of others. Give it a go!
Mexican four-layer dipCourse: All Recipes, Entertaining, Party food, VegetarianDifficulty: Easy
This dip has just enough spice to add flavour, and the beans and avocado make it a healthier dip than a lot of others. Give it a go!
435g can refried beans
1 ripe avocado
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
250g tub sour cream
1 pkt taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar
170g pkt Doritos Nacho Cheese
- Spoon the refried beans onto the centre of an extra large plate or shallow bowl. Spread to form a circle, leaving a 5cm border. Smooth the surface.
- Chop the flesh of the avocado and place in a small bowl. Add the lemon juice. Use a fork to mash well. Stir through the onion. Dollop over the refried bean layer and spread to cover. Smooth the surface.
- Place the sour cream in a small bowl. Add the taco seasoning and stir to combine. Spread over the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle the cheddar over the sour cream layer. Arrange the corn chips around the dip (see photo). Serve.
Tips and notes
- Swap the sour cream layer with a layer of bought taco sauce.
- Replace the grated cheddar with grated 3 cheese blend.
- Don’t use light sour cream as you will find it is too runny.