Here is a great hack for rolling meatballs in about five minutes flat. And they taste amazing. Just perfect for busy families.
Everyone – even the kids – will love these meatballs. There is just enough spice from the chevaps to wow the whole sauce with a deliciously rich flavour.
Cheat’s spaghetti and meatballsCourse: MainDifficulty: Easy
The whole family will love these meatballs. There is just enough spice from the chevaps to wow the whole sauce with a deliciously rich flavour.
500g beef chevaps
700g jar passata
350g dried spaghetti
Finely grated parmesan, to serve
Shredded fresh basil leaves, to serve (optional)
- Remove the lid from the tray of chevaps. Use a butter knife to make two long cuts the length of the tray to cut each chevap into thirds. Using clean wet hands, roll each 1/3 portion into a ball and place on a plate.
- Place large saucepan over medium heat. Add the passata and meatballs. Stir gently to coat the meatballs in the sauce. Cover and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to low and cook, stirring twice, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for 12 minutes, or until al dente. Drain well.
- Serve the meatballs and sauce over the spaghetti, and sprinkled with parmesan and basil, if using.
Tips and notes
- Sometimes the passata can be a little sour. Simply taste the sauce just before serving and stir in a teaspoon of sugar, if needed.
- Add a little diced carrot with the passata in step 2, to up the veg content.