What can we say? Who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie for a treat or dessert? These are soooo good, you may have to make a double batch. And best of all, you only need one bowl and 5 minutes to prepare them!
Fudgy wudgy chocolate browniesCourse: All Recipes, Baking, Desserts/Treats, Entertaining, Lunch BoxDifficulty: Easy
a member of the Wahroonga community
What can we say? Who doesn’t love a chocolate brownie for a treat or dessert? These are soooo good, you may have to make a double batch.
200g unsalted butter
200g dark chocolate chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g plain flour
30g cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180C / 160C fan forced. Grease a 20cm square baking pan and line with baking paper, overhanging the sides.
- Place butter and chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl or jug. Heat on High/100%, stirring well every 30 seconds, for 1 min 30 seconds, or until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the sugar. Stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined. Sift in the flour and cocoa. Add salt and stir to combine. Pour mixture into the pan and smooth the surface.
- Bake for 22 mins for chewy gooey brownies, 25 minutes for fudgy but still moist brownies, or 28 minutes for moist cake-like brownies. Cool completely in pan, before slicing and serving.
Tips and notes
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days, but we really don’t think they will last that long!